What Are The Types Of Umrah In Islam?
Umrah was one of the most enjoyable Islamic rituals for Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and it is the best way to surrender to Allah (SWT), repent for our misdeeds and make a commitment to Him. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) had conducted Umrah Tour twice in his lifetime.
Know everything of Umrah
One of the most enlightening journeys of your life is Umrah that can change your life from worse to best. From the time you do intend to get the best Umrah package, you can be sure to witness the change in your life, provided that you do maintain the truthfulness in your action and also in your words, which can help you to please Allah (SWT).
If you are probably reading this blog because you are planning to conduct Umrah from Kolkata for the first time, then you do need to know everything about this sacred journey in details. The word, ‘Umrah’ (has been derived from Arabic: ???????, lit.?'to visit a populated place') is very crucial for all the Muslims as they seek mercy and forgiveness upon the completion of this journey and this also brings them much closer to the Almighty Allah (SWT).
Differences between Umrah and Hajj
- They are both Islamic pilgrimages, but the key distinction between them is how important they are and how they are observed.
- One of Islam's five pillars is the Hajj. Every Muslim must perform it at least once during their lives, providing they are healthy physically and financially.
- Hajj is conducted during a defined period of time during a certain Islamic month. But Umrah can be completed whenever it is convenient.
- Although they both conduct the same procedures, Umrah may be completed in a few of hours whereas Hajj takes longer and entails additional ceremonies.
Different types of Umrah – Facts to know
For the ones that are here to perform Umrah trip from Kolkata for the first time, they might be wondering of how many types Umrah is and what are they. If you do wish to know more, make sure to read till the very end to get all the details of the same. Before the cheap Umrah packages run out of time, get the best Umrah deals now and embark into the Holy journey, now.
- Al-Mufradah Umrah
Umrah-Al-Mufradah can be offered at any time because there isn't a set period for it. An individual does Umrah-Al-Mufradah as a form of worship. As a result, when conducting Umrah Al Mufradah, just the Umrah rites need to be performed.
Procedure to follow:
- Individuals conduct Umrah al-Mufradah on their own.
- In the month of Dhul-Hijjah, if one wishes to conduct Umrah al-Mufradah, be sure to do so before Umrah al-Tammatu.
- It is required of a person to conduct Umrah al Mufradah if they lack the financial means and physical capacity to perform Hajj.
- In one lunar month of the Islamic calendar, one person is permitted to undertake Umrah al-Mufradah twice. Also called as Umrah Badal, it consists of two parts: one for your personal benefit and the other on someone else's behalf.
- In the event that someone undertakes Umrah al-Mufradah and intends to remain in Makkah until the eighth of Dhul-Hijjah.
Umrah al Tammatu
Only during the months of Dhul Qadah, Shawwal and Dhul-Hijjahthat is, up to the beginning of the Hajj ceremonies on the eighth of Dhul-Hijjah can Umrah al Tammatu be performed. It is required to conduct Umrah al Tammatu in groups with other pilgrims.
Procedure to follow:
- It is recommended to conduct Umrah al Tammatu with other Hajj travellers.
- During the days of Hajj, in the months of Dhul-Hijjah, Dhul Qadah and Shawwal, the mandatory Umrah must be completed.
- An individual who has completed Umrah al Tammatu is not permitted to depart Makkah until the Hajj is complete.
- Living in Makkah exempts one from doing the Umrah al Tammatu.
- As males must conduct halq during Hajj, taqsir (hair trimming) may be used in place of halq (shaving the head) during Umrah al Tammatu.
- Tawaf-un-Nisa is not a requirement for doing Umrah al-Tammatu. On the basis of prudence, one may, nevertheless, do the Tawaf while praying.
Umrah for the elderly people
As it calls for a lot of power and patience, performing Umrah for the elderly might be difficult. As a result, it is encouraged that everyone over the age of 65 considers planning their vacation according to their physical and medical conditions.
Since we have come to the end of the blog, we hope that you have now understood about the various types of the Umrah pilgrimages. Visit our website now to get the details of the Umrah package price and choose the affordable Umrah packages as per your needs. So, are you ready?
For more such interesting blogs, stay connected to our blog space.